Globecore GmbH company is one of the the leading manufacturers of bitumen handling equipment. Our company is located in Germany; it has its subsidiaries and dealer network throughout the world. Our quality managements system has been certified in compliance with ISO9001. The equipment produced by the company boasts up-to-date design and high performance due to recent developments of the experienced engineering staff. Our primary business areas are:
- Design and production of equipment for bitumen emulsion and modified bitumen production on a worldwide basis;
- Laboratory equipment for the production and testing of bitumen emulsions;
- Design and production of vertical storage tanks;
- Servicing of existing plants and sale of spare parts worldwide;
- Development and efficiency improvement of process equipment for the asphalt industry and related industries.
Asphalt EmulsionMixing asphalt with water, emulsifiers, and additives using bitumen equipment creates an emulsion. This is extensively used in the road construction industry. Worldwide production of bitumen emulsion is estimated at about 8 million tons. Asphalt emulsion can either be anionic or cationic depending on the desired affinity for aggregates. They are further classified into grades depending on their reactivity and physical properties. The correct recipe needs to be determined to get the appropriate grade for the specific application.
Bitumen modificationAnother technology in use today is bitumen modification. Polymers are used to affect the properties of bitumen. These are called polymer-modified bitumen or PmB. Polymers are complex molecules of long chained hydrocarbons. Polymers have both stiffness and elastic properties. Bitumen modification is primarily done to lower the temperature dependency and control the oxidation hardening of asphalt or bitumen composites.
Examples of polymers used for bitumen modification includes the following:
- synthetic styrene-butadiene-rubber;
- natural rubber latex;
- atactic polypropylene;
- high molecular weight waxes.
Some of the improvements include the following:
- better consistency;
- lesser temperature vulnerability;
- improved firmness and solidity;
- greater elasticity and toughness;
- stronger binder-aggregate adhesion;
- decreased dependence on repair and maintenance;
- greater resistance to rutting.
Bitumen Equipment ManufacturersOne of the leading companies in the manufacture of bitumen equipments is GlobeCore. They are also one of the leaders in research, development, and production of ISO certified Continuous Blending Systems for the petroleum industry. They use the newest technology and the most up to date energy conservation techniques. All the manufactured equipments by GlobeCore are patented. They provide 18 months warranty with 3 year component warranty for those produced by GlobeCore. They also have a sizeable 20-man R&D team and more than 150 highly competent employees.
Bitumen EquipmentsGlobeCore manufactures several types of bitumen handling equipment. The following equipments are designed for their corresponding specific applications: Bitumen Emulsion System UVB-1. This system produces bitumen-water emulsion. It has many road construction applications such as production of cold mix asphalt concrete, road surface treatment, layering of protective coatings, road repairs, waterproofing of buildings, and repair of roofs. Laboratory Scale Foamed Bitumen Plant type UVB-L. This machinery is designed to produce foam bitumen samples. It can be used to produce asphalt mixtures. This is meant to be operated indoors. Bitumen Emulsion Laboratory System UVB-L. This equipment is designed for the preparation of laboratory samples of emulsions. It can be used for doing research on the best recipe for water-bitumen emulsion for a corresponding application. Containerized Bitumen Emulsion Plant UVB-1. This outfit is made for anionic and cationic bitumen emulsions. It has general applications in the road construction industry. Bitumen Emulsion Plant TYPE UVB-1. This machinery has a production capacity of 10 cubic meters per hour. It is specifically designed for enterprises that need volumes of emulsion for tack coat or patching potholes. This equipment is for indoor use. Modified Bitumen Equipment UMB-2. This outfit is designed for the production of polymer-modified bitumen. It can be used in both indoor and outdoor settings with sufficient ventilation.
Bitumen Emulsion System UVB-14
Our product Bitumen Emulsion System UVB-14 “Water phase” is specifically made for the manufacture of bitumen emulsions. This equipment, manufactured by GlobeCore, utilizes cation and anion bitumen emulsions. These are used in the road construction industry.
The following are some applications of Bitumen Emulsions:
- Grounding of previous road base for asphalt concrete composite;
- Preparation of cold mix asphalt concrete;
- Road surface treatment procedures;
- Creation of protective layer on road surfaces;
- Pavement repair for potholes, driveway cracks, and other road repair;
- Used in buildings and constructions to provide water impermeability;
- Used in soft roof assembly and fixing.